Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Its about Time

Today, while on a field trip, I walked across the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill (not my favorite school).  As I walked, it dawned on me that I was twenty five years older than most of the students.  I could not believe it, twenty five years passed so quickly.  In fact, I thought to myself that the first twenty years of my life went by a lot slower than the last twenty five. 

But is that true?  Did time miraculously begin to speed up at some point in my life?  Was time some how passing slower when I was a child?  We know the answer, of course not, time is a constant.  We just perceive time differently at various stages of life.  If you would ask my children, they would tell you that this school year feels like an eternity, while I cannot believe it is almost over. 

It is almost as if, time is foreign to us.  There is an old proverb that says, "If you want to know what water is don't ask a fish."  A fish is meant for water, so it never takes the time to think about what water is?  We don't stop and consider air.  We don't say, "There does not seem to be as much air as their was when I was a kid."  We don't stop to consider air because we were meant to breathe.  But we do think about time.

We think about time because we were not created for time but eternity.  Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God has placed eternity into the hearts of men.  So the next time you say, my how time flies or I wish it would speed up.  Remember, that you are destined for eternity.  The question is where will you spend it.  Will you spend it in heaven or in hell.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man can come to the father but by me."  Will you trust Jesus for your eternal destiny?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment