Monday, May 16, 2011

The End of the World

Will May 21 be the end of the world, as Harold Camping says?   Will it be 2012 as the Mayans say?  Is judgment day coming?  Well yes and no.  It may surprise some of you that judgment day has already happened.  Jesus said, "now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.  In context, Jesus was referring to his death on the cross.  It is at the cross that judgment takes place.  All sin must be punished.  We will one day face that judgment unless that punishment has already been meted out.  If we put our faith in Jesus Christ then our sin was placed on Jesus and judgment has been made.
The deciding factor for you is whether or not you put your faith in Jesus Christ.  If you trust Christ, judgment has happened and the punishment for your sin has been placed on Christ.  If you choose not to trust Christ, then you will bear the punishment for your sin.  You will face a terrible day of judgment but remember by choosing to reject Christ, you are choosing that day.
When will that day be?  I don’t know, in fact no one knows.  I remember seeing a book entitled, “88 reasons why Jesus will return in 1988”.  Obviously, they were wrong.  Will it be May 21?  I don’t know. If I were God and were planning on that day, I would change it to make them wrong.  When will it occur.   It could be today or tomorrow.  It could be next year.  It could be at any time.  But I am not afraid.  I am ready for that day because I have trusted Christ.  How about you?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment